The mention of eating green, leafy vegetables especially spinach does not excite a lot of people. So, instead of finding an excuse to skip eating it, use this simple, delicious recipe of Spinach in Cheese Sauce to incorporate spinach in your meals particularly if you are on a high protein diet.
So, here is a look at my simple recipe:
Spinach leaves - 400 gm
Cheddar Cheese Spread (Any brand of your choice) - 50 gm
Green Garlic (finely chopped) - 2 teaspoons
Onion (finely chopped) - 1 tablespoon
Green Chili (finely chopped) - ½ teaspoon
Nutmeg power - ¼ teaspoon
Milk - 30 ml
Salt & Pepper to taste
Unsalted butter - 30 gm
Serving size: Two cups
1. Bring water (enough quantity to submerge all spinach leaves) to a boil and add salt to it.
2. Now add the spinach leaves and allow them to blanch for a minute exactly.
3. Immediately drain the hot water and pour ice cold water over the spinach. Drain again.
4. Chop the spinach and keep aside.
5. Now, heat a saucepan on medium flame and add butter to it.
6. Once the butter melts add the green garlic, onion, green chillies and fry for a minute.
7. Now stir in the spinach, all the dry powders and fry for a minute.
8. Add the cheese spread and milk stirring continuously.
9. Add salt and allow to simmer for two minutes and pull off the stove.
10. Serve hot as a topping on omelettes or as a dip with lavache/nachos or as a sauce with spaghetti.
So, do try out this recipe in your kitchen and let me know how it turned out.
Till then, HAPPY COOKING...
- Regional Indian Food & Travel enthusiast