My grandma's yummy VANGYACHE BHARIT or baingan ka bharta cooked in Konkan culinary style is a creamy, spicy dish that has a very earthy and smoky flavor.
Here is the recipe of this simple dish:
1. Pat dry the brinjal and roast it well .
2. Once done peel it's skin, mash well and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in frying pan. Keep the flame on medium heat.
4. Once the oil turns hot, add the onions and fry them till they turn pink.
5. Now add the green chillies, mashed brinjal, salt and sugar.
6. Fry for about 5 minutes and then pour in the milk and coconut milk in this vegetable mixture and stir well.
7. Continue stirring till all the milk evaporates and the mixture leaves the side of the pan.
8. Pull the pan off the stove and garnish with chopped green coriander leaves
9. Serve the bharit or bharta hot with rice bhakri or chapatis.
Do try it out in your kitchen and let me know how it turned out.
Till then, HAPPY EATING...
Leave a Reply.
- Regional Indian Food & Travel enthusiast