This is a popular curd preparation in our Kokani Muslim household. It's a digestive side dish that derives it's name from the traditional wooden churner/whisk called 'mathani' used to prepare it. With a dash of spices and coconut milk, it's one flavourful dish you would love to have in your meal during the hot summer months.
My recipe has appeared in today's Mumbai Mirror and you can check it out on link below or scroll further for the checking out the recipe right here:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Refrigeration Time: 30 minutes
1. Peel the garlic clove and crush it in a deep bottom pot.
2. Add the curd to this pot and using a 'mathani' churn to obtain a thick paste with no lumps.
3. Add coconut milk and water gradually to the curd churning continuously to obtain a smooth consistency liquid.
4. Add coriander leaves, green chillies, black pepper powder, salt and mix well.
5. Refrigerate this mixture for half an hour.
6. Serve chilled as an accompaniment with piping hot curry and rice.
So, do try out this recipe and let me know how it turned out.
Till then, HAPPY COOKING...
- Regional Indian Food & Travel enthusiast