Coconut is used extensively in Kokani Muslim cuisine and is also a key ingredient of some traditional chutneys. A very special cooked chutney recipe with scraped coconut is Shijleli Naralaachi Chutney that is enjoyed as a dish with fresh rice flour bhakris.
So, as a round up to #ChutneyDay on Sept 24 here is my recipe for this chutney.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
Makes: 2 cups
1. Heat oil in a pan or kadhai.
2. Add the onions to the pan once the oil is hot and fry until they turn pink.
3. Add the spice powders, salt, water and fry for 30 seconds.
4. Add the scraped coconut and mix well.
5. Cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes until the coconut softens up.
6. Serve hot with rice flour chapatis or bhaji.
So, do try out this recipe and let me know how it turned out.
HAPPY COOKING… HAPPY CHUTNEY DAY in advance to all celebrating.
- Regional Indian Food & Travel enthusiast