Delicious, traditional Emirati food coupled with a chic ambiance and affable service make the dining experience at Logma, Dubai a memorable one. In one visit it is practically impossible to try out a lot of dishes. But, I did end up trying different preparations for breakfast and indeed felt content with my indulgence.
So, here is a look at my gluttony at this restaurant:
1. TRADITIONAL BREAKFAST PLATTER:
The traditional Emirati breakfast platter at Logma was one gluttonous meal comprising of the following:
- KHAMEER : A hollow, leavened, flatbread with a flaky crust and a fluffy interior this can be eaten by dipping it in date syrup or simple stuffing its core with delicious meats, vegetables and sauces. Here I am indulging in one garnished with toasted sesame seeds.
- REGAG : This is the Emirati version of a crispy, thin crepe. This too can be topped with a variety of toppings or can be paired with various dips.
- CHEBAB : This Emirati cross between a pancake and crepe is made with flour, sugar and eggs and flavored with saffron & cardamom. It is best enjoyed with a topping of cream cheese.
- BALATEET : We Indian's enjoy this dish by the name of sevaiya. The difference between the Emirati version is it is a slightly thicker version of vermicelli than sevaiya and is served with a topping of saffron flavored omelette.
- BAITH TAMAT : This Emirati version of scrambled eggs employs use of tomato and is mildy spiced.
- CREAM CHEESE and DATE SYRUP are two dips/toppings served as part of this platter
2. ROASTED CHICKEN KHAMEER SANDWICH: Traditional, baked, Emirati bread, KHAMEER came filled with loads of juicy, roasted chicken strips and a mixture of mint & basil shavings, roasted peppers, tomatoes, Gruyere cheese drizzled with vinaigrette. The dabbing of the bread with onion marmalade lent a sublime sweetness to the sandwich.
3. BEEF SAMBOOSAK: These triangle-shaped goodies comprised of crispy, phylo pastry encasing a spicy meat filling. The drizzle of pomegranate molasses added a delicious, tangy sweetness to this preparation.
I had an enjoyable time indulging in some traditional Emirati food preparations for breakfast and will definitely be back for more on my next trip to Dubai.
So, do try out this place and let me know of your experience.
Till then, HAPPY EATING...
- Food & travel enthusiast