Dubai has numerous dining options that bring the different , delicious world cuisines to residents and tourists alike. While it's a difficult task to cover all eateries in Dubai in a week's time. I did make it to a few of them and had a beautiful experience.
Here is a look at 6 such special gluttony encounters I had:
1. Relishing HOMMOS (that's how it is mentioned in the menu) at Al Hallab restaurant was pure bliss to the taste buds. The texture of this chickpea preparation was heavenly silken as opposed to coarse that l have eaten in most places. The tahini, lemon juice and olive oil exhibited their individual flavors beautifully to make this the best hummus I have ever eaten. Apart from hummus I tried out their baba ganoush and muhammara that were also delicious.
2. I ended up trying a simple yet splendid dish of MOUDARDARA at the renowned Lebanese eatery, Boubouffe. Moudardara is a traditional lebanese preparation where rice and whole red lentils (masoor dal) are cooked along with birista/carmelised onions in a Lebanese spice mix that has a predominant flavor of cumin. The dish has a humble, earthy taste enhanced by the sweetness of onions. The final presentation too of the dish entails a garnish of crispy caramelized onions to further emphasize its importance in flavoring of the dish. The place churns out some amazing burgers as well and I personally would recommend their cheese burger.
3. After two days of binge eating I decided to come clean and eat healthy breakfast by opting for the HALLOUMI SALAD from Zaatar w Zeit. The halloumi was baked to develop a nice golden crust and was served on a bed of greens that included - lettuce, rocket leaves and purslane. In addition, the salad included sundried tomato chunks that made it tangy while toasted pine nuts introduced a delicate crunch and buttery flavor notes to it. A drizzle of vinaigrette as dressing imparted the much needed acidity to combine all ingredients of the salad in a delicious way. Their zaatar slathered pita breads were also equally lip-smacking.
4. Craving gravies I decided to eat signature PESHAWARI CHICKEN at Ravi restaurant in Bur Juman locality . The dish comprised of succulent chicken with bone cooked in an onion based gravy. The use of spices was not brazen and therefore the dish was not piquant at all but rather had just flavor notes of different spices used like cardamom, peppers, ginger, garlic, red chilli, turmeric etc. The place may not have a fancy ambiance but provides a hearty meal of kebabs and curries at a very reasonable price. The dal tadka and achari chicken dishes are also praiseworthy at this place.
5. Fresh, delicious, fluffy HAZELNUT & NUTELLA BUN from Pappa Roti was one quick, light, lip-smacking breakfast I had the opportunity to indulge in. A hint of inherent sweetness in the bun and its cottony texture seem like a match made in heaven. One can choose to relish the bun with different toppings ranging from nutella to chocolate to berry coulis to date dhibs to caramel or simply slice the bun and smear it with butter.
6. I had a foodgasmic experience digging into sinfully delicious and extremely addictive FRESH STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE at the Cheesecake Factory. This sweet treat comprised of Evelyn Overton's original cheesecake creation that has a rich, creamy, very subtly sweet cheese layer perched on Graham crackers base and topped with sour cream. It is the garnish of glazed fresh strawberries that makes this variant of cheesecake different from the Original cheesecake variant on their menu. One bite into this lip-smacking treat and you understand why this has been their most popular flavor for over three decades. Their new to the menu salted caramel cheesecake was all a tasty treat.
I will definitely be back to Dubai soon to try out all the other culinary delights this awesome city has to offer.
Till then, HAPPY TRAVELLING...
- Food & travel enthusiast