I have an inclination for chilled delights and thus love indulging in different kinds of ice-cream whenever I get a chance.
So, here is a list of 6 such international ice-creams, I believe one should not miss out on trying during their trips round the globe:
1. This is the irresistible, rich, velvety DARK CHOCOLATE flavored soft ice cream comprising of authentic Santo Domingo chocolate. I stumbled upon this divine treat at the Godiva Chocolate Café, Dubai. It is nothing short of a regal indulgence and an absolute foodgasmic experience for whom bitter chocolate is bae. For all those attempting to eat this ice-cream all by themselves, do note it is one heavy and filling treat so do work up a decent appetite when you decide to indulge in it.
2. Amorino is a France based company churning out Italian ice cream. So, at Amorino's when you go in for a cone rather than placing the gelato as a blob, they choose to present it in the form of a flower. Also, they don't believe in the scoop system. They have sizes - small, regular, large and in those sizes they will accommodate all possible flavors on display you wish to indulge in. As seen in the image, gelato is served in a waffle cone beautifully done up like a flower and comprising of four different flavors - a center of MILK CHOCOLATE with HAZELNUTS and petals made of DULCE DE LECHE, TIRAMISU & CAFFE (made from Altura Luz Supremo, 100% Arabica coffee) flavors. Hope this brand comes to India soon till then I took solace in indulging in it In London.
3. Dondurma, the famous Turkish version of ice-cream made even more popular with the fun performances by Dondurma sellers while serving it is a must try. The ice cream is creamy and has a stretchy texture. I like the fact that this ice cream does not melt as fast as other types of ice-cream or gelato do, giving one enough time to enjoy this treat to the fullest. I decided to try the lip-smacking pistachio flavor and was not disappointed at all. If you aren't able to make it to Turkey there are places in Dubai making this treat.
4. Why settle for one scoop when you can indulge in three scoops of ice cream. Seen in this picture is a large cone filled with triple scoop of house made gelato from Espresso Rosso at Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi. The raspberry scoop had a robust tart flavor while chocolate scoop was rich and creamy and the nutty pistachio scoop was pure bliss to the taste buds. I hope I am able to find this brand of gelato soon during my travels as the only knowledge I have of its availability is that in Ferrari World only.
5. Ben & Jerry's is a sought after brand when it comes to ice-cream. This Vermouth headquartered company has been known for coming up with wacky flavors in ice cream. Well, when I got an opportunity I opted for the CHUNKY MONKEY flavor of Ben & Jerry's. I fell in love with this banana flavored ice cream laden with walnuts and banana shaped chocolate chunks. I am eagerly awaiting the day when this brand opens its exclusive store in Mumbai.
6. Another international ice-cream yet to make its way in India is the US brand Coldstone Creamery. One can enjoy this ice cream by choosing a base and yum toppings. I decided ton indulge in a mocha base topped with Oreo and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
I hope to find more such yummy ice-cream during my future travels and will keep updating them on my blog.
Till then, HAPPY TRAVELLING...
- Food & travel enthusiast